A friendly neighborhood is a blessing, like a chosen family. If you end up with a friendly neighborhood, you can enjoy the peace of mind that you normally associate with your home.
But the question is: how do you find the right neighborhood that is best for your family?
Hint – we can help!
Step #1 Create a Wish List Profile for Your Perfect Neighborhood
The first step to zeroing in on the perfect neighborhood is to identify what you are looking for in the first place. A perfect neighborhood looks different for everybody. What would be perfect for a pair of newlyweds may not be perfect for a family with two kids.
To get started, just lay down the description of what you feel the right neighborhood should include and use that as a checklist when you go home-shopping!
Here’s a list of sample questions that you can ask yourself to make your list-making process easier:
- What type of neighborhood are you looking for? Modern, historic, anything else?
- What is your budget?
- What amenities are you looking for? A nearby café or a place close to your workplace?
- What do you NOT want in a neighborhood? Noise? Somewhere too quiet?
- Do you need/want community amenities (pool, playground, etc.) or proximity to a park or trails to walk your dog?
Keep your estate agent in the loop. With their expertise at your service, you will find the neighborhood that matches your description quicker.
Step # 2 Get Your Sherlock Hat On!
It’s time to dig up data! Use your checklist to help you zoom into the neighborhoods that would match the profile of your perfect neighborhood. This is the part where your real estate agent will be most helpful. With their in-depth knowledge about the amenities of numerous neighborhoods, you can reach your dream neighborhood faster.
For your satisfaction, you should research the following factors about neighborhoods that you have shortlisted:
- Crime stats: You can check out the crime rates in the neighborhoods that you are considering. Use online tools like AreaVibes, NeighborhoodScout and to help you out.
- Schools: Conduct research on the primary and secondary schools in the neighborhood you are considering. A good school has a great impact on the quality of the neighborhood. Use this online tool to view school rankings.
- Neighborhood association: Find out if the neighborhood you are considering has an association. If it does, find out more details about it!
Step # 3 Visit the Areas and Make a Choice
It is important to visit the neighborhood that you are considering. It will give you a “feel” of the place. If you can drive through the neighborhood, that always helps! Another plus would be that you can identify which features you like in a certain neighborhood, and relay that information to your agent.
With that targeted data, your estate agent will be able to help you find the best neighborhood for your family.
If you are looking for the perfect neighborhood for your family in Texas, reach out to us and we will guide you through each step of the way to obtain your dream home in the best locality.
About the Judi Wright Team
Judi Wright/The Judi Wright Team is a real estate group specializing in the suburbs of Frisco, Plano, and surrounding areas. Named the “Best Realtor in Dallas,” by D Magazine ten times and a Five Star Realtor with Texas Monthly, Judi is also a Company-Wide Top performer with Ebby Halliday and the #1 Top Small Group for Ebby Halliday Frisco.