Sellers (Things You Should Know)
- When inviting an Agent over to meet with you for the first time, you do not need to have your home show ready. That is part of the advantage we can help provide. In a Buyer’s market, a Seller has a lot more to do to get their home ready. In a Seller’s market, what used to be required may not be – always contact an agent before expenditures to make sure you need or should make them to sell your home.
- Don’t look for the most inexpensive Realtor. You might get the most inexpensive representation and most inexpensive marketing plan which does not equal a win for you.
- Don’t look only for the Realtor who tells you your home is worth the highest dollar. Make sure the Agent explains how they came to that number and shows you how your home compares to other sold properties in a neighborhood. Basically, they need to compare your home like an Appraiser will because you probably will need an Appraisal at some point in the sale of your home unless it is a cash transaction. Overpricing your home helps sell other homes in the neighborhood, it makes them look like a better deal.
- Be open to ideas to get your home ready. Clean walls, clean carpet and a clean home never go out of style. Be prepared to do some work or pay someone to do it for you if you can’t do these things. We can help, we have a network of sources to help you get your home ready.
- Be open minded when you meet with our Stager. They are not redecorating your home, but rather getting your home ready for the discriminating eye of the HD wide angle lens camera. We can make your home look even more beautiful than it does in person, so that it will draw people in. Let us do our job, you will be very happy when you see the photos.
- We are here for you every step of the way. You will still have some responsibilities because we can’t toss out your old stuff or clean out your closets but we are here to offer support and promise you a transaction as smooth and easy as possible.