You’ve made the decision to sell your home and the next steps are very important. Start by contacting a qualified agent to sell your home (such as The Judi Wright Team). You will also want to do a quick analysis of your home. Is there anything broken or not working properly? What does your landscaping and front of the home drive up appeal look like? Quick, get some fertilizer on the yard and start watering your grass. How cluttered are your closets? These are all important things your agent will address with you. When you sell your home with The Judi Wright Team we come out and review your property. Most of the time, a stager is hired (courtesy of us) to provide you a staging consult and tell you what you need to do to be ready for our professional photographer. Here are the Top 5 things for you to start with.
- Make sure the front of your home and your drive up appeal is good. A clean front door that isn’t peeling and a yard that isn’t overgrown provide a beautiful back drop for Buyers to imagine your home as theirs.
- Fix anything that you know is broken if in doubt, discuss with your agent. Deferred maintenance makes Buyers wonder what else you haven’t cared for.
- Make sure your home is clean. The number one thing people notice is dirt and it is a turn off.
- Touch-up paint or repaint if needed. Buyers love homes that look well cared for.
- Have your HVAC systems serviced and change your filters
Lastly, call The Judi Wright Team at 469-634-0932. We can help you prepare your home for sale and maximize your home’s value.