Buyers (Things You Should Know)
- The very first step is to call us so we can get you connected with a top mortgage professional who will educate you on what you can afford and what a specific sales price will require in up-front money and monthly payment, then you will know the answer to “How Much Can I Afford?”
- The second step is to find a way to focus on and narrow down the area where you would like to live. After the first step of getting preapproved for a mortgage, we will discuss items which may be of importance to you, such as: commute time, location to specific amenities, school district, etc. This will help us close in on a City for you and later a neighborhood.
- You need money to buy a house, at least 3.5% (FHA) to 5%+ (Conventional) for a minimum down payment and a bit more for closing costs. Our mortgage professional will go review this in detail with you. In a Seller’s market, you may need even more to compete with other buyers, so be sure to save your money. First time home buyers putting minimum dollars down have a hard time competing in a hot Seller’s market because Seller’s look at more than just the offer price when comparing multiple offers. Strength of the Buyer (financing/money down) are key areas, so start saving your money!
- It usually only takes 30 days from the date of contract to closing. So, if you have 6 months left on your lease, it is too early to start looking, but not too early to start getting ready. Save your money, don’t take out any new debt and don’t make any large purchases. Call us and we will help get you on a time schedule so you are ready!
- Best of all – a Real Estate Agent’s services are free to the Buyer. You get the benefit of great representation and someone helping you every step of the way but the Seller pays our commission!